9.13.2012

Frozen Tapioca Brownie Cups - Perfect Party Food!

Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

Frozen Tapioca Pudding that is thawed just enough to make it ice cream like. Small brownie bites. And whipped cream. What's not to love?! Here's a unique and delicious treat that will have your guests peppering you with questions - What's in it? Where's it from? How'd you make it taste so delicious? 


We had a first here, people. Well, a "first" since I started this blog, at least. For once, I actually followed the directions on the back of a box. I'm usually trying to make substitutions, like swapping a can of La Croix for eggs, oil, and butter or adding applesauce instead of oil. It's fun!

For this recipe, I was a good girl and followed the directions on the boxes. First, I made a pan of brownies. As they were baking, I made one batch of Tapioca pudding using Instant Tapioca granules. As usual, they overflowed. I have a Tapioca curse, I swear, which means that every - and I mean EVERY - single time I make Tapioca, I manage to boil it over and make a huge mess. This is how my kitchen looked:


Yeah, I know. Somebody save me. Bake on!

Frozen Tapioca Brownie Cups

Servings: 20 (This recipe makes enough for a whole party. If you like Tapioca Pudding and Brownies, though, feel free to make it all and eat the leftover ingredients as separate treats!)
Ingredients:
  • 1 box Brownie Mix and necessary ingredients (See box)
  • 1 batch Tapioca Pudding Instant Granules and necessary ingredients (See box - probably 1 egg, 3 cups milk, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 tsp Vanilla)
  • 1 can Whipped Cream
  • 1/2 cup Almonds

Directions:
  1. Make the brownies. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (or other temperature, as listed on brownie box). Mix brownie batter and pour into a greased cake pan, then bake for time prescribed on box. Make Tapioca while it bakes, then remove from the oven and let cool.
  2. Make Tapioca. Mix your Tapioca batter and bring to a boil. Watch it carefully! This is where I always mess up because I get so impatient that I go to do something else. Once it boils, remove from heat and stir in Vanilla, then let it cool.
  3. Once everything is cooled, cut the brownies into small, bite-sized pieces. This is not an exact science, just make them very small. Mine were about 1/2 inch by 1/4 inch.
  4. In small cups (or martini glasses - someone try that, please, and send me a picture!), start with a heaping spoon full of Tapioca pudding. Next, add a layer of whipped cream, then the brownie bites, then more whipped cream, and then some sliced almonds. Feel free to continue layering if you'd like to fill the cups up even higher!
  5. Optional: Freeze for 2 hours, thaw for 5 minutes before serving. I initially did this on accident -- I wanted to keep them cold but planned to thaw them fully before serving. Instead, I ended up serving them straight from the freezer... but my coworkers seemed to love it and enjoyed the temperature and consistency. Apparently, frozen-and-slightly-thawed Tapioca pudding is to die for. Who knew?! Hey, kind of like how they discovered chocolate chip cookies...



Oh, and because I love you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips