7.18.2013

Home Alone

Pin It Print Friendly and PDF
Last night was my first night "alone" in a very, very long time. I am almost always either at my apartment with my fiance, visiting my family, or on a trip with either my fiance or family. Needless to say, there is not a lot of alone time in my life.

Some of you are probably thinking How do you do that? The interesting thing is that it never bothers me. We are all different, but as a (super) extrovert, I get my energy from other people. If I could, I would pack my day full of group workout classes, dates with friends, etc. I enjoy being out and about and seeing people.

So, what did I do with my night alone?

I went out. Go figure. There was a Yelp Elite event at IPO at the W City Center. I met up with Sierra and also met Maggie, so you can go ahead and put a "Check" next to "be around people" for the day. Overall, we decided the event was "good enough."

I did not take a picture of us (bad blogger), but Sierra did (good blogger).

After about an hour and a half at the Yelp Elite event, I headed home. I've read a lot of articles lately (here, here, and many others I've managed to lose the links too) about how Extroverts don't typically give themselves alone time, but we still need it. So, I decided I ought to see what it's like...

Step One: I immediately popped my contacts out, put on glasses, and put on my monogrammed robe from my bachelorette party. You know you love me for having my glasses on crooked (shout out to Warby Parker) and looking like I'm on house arrest.

Am I doing it right?
Step Two: I made myself a ridiculously weird dinner. A black bean morningstar burger, topped with some melted cheese, an egg over easy, feta, and sriracha. It was amazing and I am not ashamed of its fugliness.

You... complete... me...
Step Three: Leisurely crawl into bed. I have a habit of cramming things into my day until the last minute, so I'm typically hopping in bed just before I'd like to fall asleep. Not this time! I crawled into bed early and watched some Netflix while messing around on my computer.

My fiance was very sweet and made the bed in his own way (babe, where the heck did you find that blue pillow?) for me. 

Step Four: Set an alarm for any time I want (5:21) and hit the gym whenever I feel ready, wearing whatever I want. Yes, I ran to the gym in 90 degrees wearing a long sleeve shirt. Yes, I peeled it off when I got there before my 6 mile run. I regret nothing.


Step Five: Make a random breakfast. Eat it while simultaneously doing your makeup and watching TV. This image pretty much sums up my morning. Many things half-assed at the same time.

Oat Fit Cinnamon Roll Packet, 1 tbsp PB2, 1 tbsp Vanilla Protein Powder, big scoop of Fage Vanilla.
What about you?

  • Do you enjoy alone time or avoid it?
  • What do you do when there's no one to see?


2 comments:

  1. I enjoy alone time. When my husband was at boot camp, I loved being able to eat whatever I wanted and whenever I wanted, watch all the bad TV I wanted without his commentary, and I was never obligated to go anywhere with him that I didn't want to. Of course, I do enjoy when we do spend time together :)

    And it was nice to meet you at the Yelp event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie! It was nice meeting you too :) And I totally hear you on the trash tv thing! ;-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips