7.19.2013

Orange You Glad I Got Some New Shoes?

Pin It Print Friendly and PDF
Guess what? I hinted at it in this post and I'll hint at it again...

Look, I can stand on one leg!
No, my friends, that is not my ill fated attempt at a yoga move. It is, in fact, a new pair of shoes that I am trying to point at.

I actually had no idea that you are supposed to get new shoes in reasonable intervals. I always got comfy with a new pair and rode it out until my mom made me buy a new pair. I wear the suckers almost every day, though, so I don't know who I was kidding!

My last two pairs were black, because I thought they were low profile and I liked that they didn't scream 'LOOK! I'M WEARING RUNNING SHOES!'

Now, my thoughts have changed. Hand me something bright as a highlighter and send me on my way, please.

After much deliberation (okay, like 30 minutes - I'm not one to dawdle), I went with these babies:



Apparently, they are built with traction for "superior off-road performance." If you know me or read my workout posts, you know I'm not a big off roader. I ran on a path for the Run For Boston 5k, but other than that, I'm a treadmill lady.

I know they look red in the pictures, but I swear to you that they seem orange in person (and the laces are pure orange too). What's so interesting about that fact? Well, I realized yesterday that I have been on an orange binge.


Exhibit A: My Desk. I realized yesterday that I had far too many orange items sitting on my desk. Inside that orange bag? There were TWO ORANGES for me to snack on. Not even kidding. Who am I?


I also almost bought orange Lacoste sunglasses yesterday. By almost, I mean I took some pictures to send my fiance for approval. Somehow, despite approval, I did not purchase.


What do you think? 
Maybe some of you will have to convince me to take my new shoes off road... and stop buying orange things!

2 comments:

  1. Montrails are made for trails (as their name suggests). They are great trail shoes and trail running is lots of fun!

    Heads up though: If you take them trail running, you probably won't be able to wear them to the gym again. My trail shoes are permanently filthy dirty, so I keep a separate pair for the gym/road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Whitney! Good point! I will try to keep these babies clean :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips