4.18.2012

Protein Chia Seed Chocolate Pudding

Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

Cha-Cha-Cha-Chia! ....Sorry. It had to be done.


I've already ranted and raved about Chia Seeds a few times, now. They're low-cal, they keep you full, they're filled with Obega-3 Fatty Acids, Protein, and Fiber... and, best of all, you can add them to just about anything.

So I began by adding them to a delicious berry Muesli recipe. They thickened it up a bit. You see, as Chia seeds sit in a liquid, they begin to "gel" (remember those commercials... I'm gellin' are you gellin'? I'm gellin' like a felon, want some melon?). As they gel, they create a thicker, almost pudding-like consistency.

Pudding. PUDDING?! PUDDING!!!

Yes, folks. Pudding. Like the snack packs from your ten-year-old lunch box. The ones that were like gold when it came to trading for dunkaroos. 

And yet, this pudding is a bit different. Instead of being filled with... excuse my language... fake crap, this pudding is filled with healthy goodness. Instead of using pudding mix, I used chia seeds, truvia, and chocolate protein powder.



See that protein?! Your muscles need it to recover after you shred them during an intense workout (maybe one of these?). With 18g of protein, this pudding can totally be a substitute for a post-workout protein shake! It still has the same protein goodness but is in pudding form! Post-workout dessert? I think YES!

This recipe is also low in saturated fat, high in vitamin B12, and EXTREMELY high in dietary fiber!




Protein Chia Seed Chocolate Pudding
Calories Per Serving: 170
WW Points (Old): 3
WW Points Plus (New): 4
Prep Time: At least 30 minutes (but overnight would be best!)

Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
  • 1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
  • 1/2 cup Water
  • (Optional: Shredded Unsweetened Coconut)
  • (Optional: 2 tsp Truvia)
Directions:
  1. Combine Chia Seeds and Water in a bowl and stir well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, but overnight will yield the best results.
  2. When you're ready to eat it, stir in 1 scoop of protein powder. Stir well to break up any powder pockets.
  3. Garnish! I garnished with a bit of shredded, unsweetened coconut. Another awesome option would be fresh mint sprigs (with perhaps a drop or two of mint extract stirred in?!).

3 comments:

  1. THIS IS FANTASTIC, I am sitting at my desk here in Sydney and see this. I Have protein powder and Chia seeds, bring on afternoon tea I can't wait now - thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. What protein powder do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel healthier, less run down, more attentive and wakeful at school, and I feel that my recovery is better after a workout since I'm giving myself a huge amount of great things to reconstruct with.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips