9.18.2012

Skinny Tiramisu (139 Calories Per Slice)

Pin It Print Friendly and PDF
Tiramisu that tastes so gourmet, you won't believe how it's made. It's rich and creamy, with just the right edge of coffee, cinnamon, and chocolate. Will keep in the fridge for days, so it's perfect to make ahead! And at only 139 calories per slice, it's pretty hard to pass up...


 Pin this recipe if it looks delish!


 Be kind and pin!

On Friday, I asked my Facebook fans what dessert they'd like a skinny version of. There were a few answers... Cheesecake, Creme Brulee, Tiramisu... and I promise, I'll take a crack at all of those recipes. 

First on my list was Tiramisu. For no reason other than that it sounded insanely appetizing when you guys suggested it! And my recipe ended up ringing in at just shy of 140 calories per slice -- sounds like heaven to me!

But really. Bf couldn't believe how gourmet it tastes, for something made with a combination of Nilla Wafers, Greek Yogurt, and Whipped Topping (among other things). It tastes incredibly gourmet, like you're ordering it at a tried and true Italian restaurant.

Not to mention how easy it is. I made two large tupperware bins of it so that we could eat it for days or bring it to work to share. With such good ingredients, I might even have some for breakfast...


Skinny Tiramisu

Calories Per Serving: 139
Servings: 10

Ingredients:
  • 14 Oz Greek Yogurt, Plain (I used Chobani Plain 0%)
  • 1 tsp Cinnamon
  • 4 tsp Vanilla
  • 2 tsp Shaved Chocolate
  • 1 cup strong brewed coffee
  • 2 tbsp Dark Rum (Optional)
  • 45-50 Nilla Wafers Reduced Fat (My pan fit 3 layers of 16 just perfectly, so I used 48)
  • 6-8 oz Light Whipped Topping (Depends on how thick you want your whipped layers to be)
Directions:

  1. Mix together greek yogurt, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and 2 tsp shaved chocolate. Freeze for an hour. Remove from freezer and stir before using in recipe.
  2. Brew appx 1 cup of strong coffee. Add 1 tbsp dark rum and stir well, then freeze for 30 minutes. Remove from freezer and stir before using in recipe.
  3. In a tupperware or pan (I used a 9x9 tupperware), begin layering. First, dip Nilla wafers into the coffee/rum mixture and place into the pan, side by site, laying flat. Spoon a few drops of coffee/rum over the Nilla wafers, if desired.
  4. Next, spoon in one layer of whipped cream. Be careful to spread the whipped cream (to cover all of the wafers) without disturbing the Nilla wafers too much. On top of the whipped cream, add a thin layer of chocolate shavings.
  5. Add another layer of coffee/rum-dipped Nilla wafers, then spoon a few drops of coffee/rum over, if desired.
  6. Spoon in one layer of greek yogurt mixture (you'll probably use about 2/3 of it here). Spread the mixture over the wafers the same way you did with the whipped cream. On top, add a thin layer of chocolate shavings.
  7. Next, add another layer of coffee/rum-dipped Nilla wafers, then spoon a few drops of coffee/rum over, if desired.
  8. Next, drop in a few spoons full of the greek yogurt mixture and a few spoon fulls of whipped cream, dispersing fairly evenly. Spread over the Nilla wafers, mixing as you do so. Don't try too hard to mix it perfectly - it should look a bit swirled.
  9. Finally, add another thin layer of chocolate shavings.
  10. Freeze for one hour, then refrigerate until serving!




13 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this!! Thanks so much ~ :)

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like my kind of dessert. Thanks so much for sharing at Newlyweds Recipe linky. I pinned this recipe feel free to follow me at http://pinterest.com/newlyweds/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it imperative that the greek yogurt mixture be in the freezer for an hour? I want to make this tonight, but I'm going to be tight on time if I have to wait 1 hour...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, as long as you mix it well and it is still cold, you should be good to go! :) It may be slightly less firm than mine was, but Tiramisu is always a heck of a mess anyway! ;)

      Delete
    2. Ok, thanks! I should be able to let it freeze for some time, but good to know the hour isn't necessary!

      Delete
  4. Omg I HAVE to make these ASAP! Probably to my small group this coming Wednesday. ;) Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am trying the recipe with ladyfingers instead of nilla wafers because I didn't have any nilla wafers on hand.. it smells so delicious can't wait to eat it thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  6. my tiramisu had a really sour taste from the yogurt ):

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, June! What kind of yogurt did you use? I like it as is, because I like it to have a bit of a kick, but you might like it more with a bit sweeter yogurt!

      Delete
  7. Yeah this sucked. Id rather have a big ass and enjoy real tiramisu occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To each their own! You're welcome to make your own decisions :) Thanks for trying!

      Delete
  8. All my friends and the ones I made sharing loved this! I plan to make it again very soon. It's perfect for the morning or that late night craving. The tart Greek Yogurt is my favorite part. Thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips