10.25.2012

Avocado Peach Bruschetta

Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

Last week, I was interviewed by a young journalist from Northwestern. When she asked if she could come over and take a few pictures of me cooking, I had two thoughts:
1. YES!
2. What the hell am I cooking?

Well, this was the result. I wanted to do something that was a twist on something we typically see.


In my opinion, Bruschetta is somewhat of a staple. Any Italian restaurant will offer it as an appetizer. So, fairly simple, right? Tomatoes, cheese, basil, oil...

But what about the twist? Right, about the twist... I decided to combine avocado and peach to make something similar. It's much more delicious than real bruschetta -- and I really like bruschetta. It's creamier, fresher, and more... complicated. :)


Avocado Peach Bruschetta
Servings: 4
Prep Time: 10-15 Minutes
Ingredients:

  • 1 Demi French Baguette
  • 2 Avocadoes
  • 2 Peaches
  • 1/4 Cup Asiago or Parmesan Cheese
  • 1/2 Lime, juiced
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Cut baguette into thin pieces that are only half the width of the original baguette. Toast in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until somewhat crispy.
  3. Cut avocados and peaches into small pieces.
  4. Toss with cheese and lime juice.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips