1.25.2013

Chicken Avocado Sriracha Sandwich on Toasted Rye

Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

A month or so ago, my fiance and I grabbed a loaf of Rye bread at the grocer. It made for a few delicious meals, but I'm finally burnt out on it (plus I'm kicking fancy bread to the curb... oh, who am I kidding?).

Really, though, all bread issues aside, this makes for a delicious meal. You've got your lean protein (chicken), your healthy fats (avocado), and your cheese (which is its own food group, right?). Oh, right. And SRIRACHA. Say it like that. Sri-raaaah-chuhhh. It's so fun.


And, while Rye bread may have lost its allure, it's only because I ate it every day for a month. And because, when it comes to food, I tend to get a bit obsessive and use an ingredient in as many ways as I possibly can before I retire it. So, let's just say I used up my Rye bread taste buds. For now.

But these pictures are pretty seductive, aren't they? Bow chicka wow. Or... whatever.


To be honest with you, this recipe evolved out of a lack of time. Which is code for "laziness." You see, sometimes I want a delicious meal, but I just don't have the energy to spend the time to make something complicated. The days when there are leftovers in the fridge but you just don't feel like eating the exact same thing over again. 


Especially if you're following my advice to pre-bake chicken for your lunches/dinners, this should be quite an easy meal to put together.

Chicken Avocado Sriracha Sandwich on Toasted Rye

Ingredients:
  • Rye Bread
  • 1/3 cooked Chicken Breast, Sliced
  • Shredded Cheese
  • Italian Seasoning
  • 1/4 Avocado, sliced into thin pieces
  • Sriracha
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Lay both pieces of Rye bread on a baking pan (I used an older pan I have that is pretty damaged -- if you're using a newer pan, lay a piece of foil or parchment paper underneath to avoid burning cheese onto your pan).
  3. Spread a thin layer of cheese on one side (YUM!), then add chicken pieces.
  4. Leaving the sandwich in two pieces, put it in the oven for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Then, add slices of avocado and drizzle Sriracha. 
  5. Serve!


2 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely delicious! And on toasted Rye?? How yummy. Happy weekend. xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't normally do sandwiches, but I'm pretty sure this one will make the cut. It has all of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips